The SST® is a trailer mounted attenuator for use on stationary or moving shadow
support vehicles. The SST has passed all mandatory and optional testing and is NCHRP
Report 350 Test Level 3 compliant. The system is comprised of two light-weight aluminum
cartridges contained in a steel support frame, heavy duty Torflex® axle and wheels,
with anti-rotational dampeners which lock upon impact. The SST helps to absorb rear-end
impacts at speeds up to 62 mph (100 km/h).
- Trailer system enables rapid deployment and maximum truck fleet utilization.
- Anti-rotational dampeners minimize rotation of unit when impacted according to NCHRP
Report 350 crash test standards.
- Heavy duty Torflex axle and wheels.
- Optional tested arrow board mounting systems.
- Withstands typical low-speed nuisance hits up to 6 mph (10 km/h).
- Potentially reusable steel frame.
Mounting and Repair Advantages:
- Easy mounting and removal.
- Attaches to a standard minimum 20 ton pintle hook with additional mounting brackets
for the anti-rotational dampeners.
- 18'11" (5.77 m) Length
- 7'9" (2.36 m) Width
- 3'9" (1.14 m) Height
- 2,606 lbs. (1,182 kg)
- 9,920 lbs. (4,500 kg) Minimum Support Vehicle Weight
Energy Absorption Systems, Inc.